Zaheer A. Samee
Zaheer A. Samee
Attorney Zaheer Samee has been working at Frisoli Associates since 2006. Zaheer is a skilled trial lawyer who has represented individuals and companies at both the trial and appellate levels. Zaheer has tried cases and briefed and argued appeals before the state and federal courts, including the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Appellate Practice
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
Bar Memberships & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of California Los Angeles, 1999
- Obtained a $3 million dollar award of compensatory and punitive damages on legal malpractice claim against client’s former lawyer in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Successfully defended a construction subcontractor against claims for more than $200,000 in damages for allegedly defective work; client was found not liable after bench trial.
- Briefed, argued, and won a housing discrimination case of first impression before the Supreme Judicial Court; favorable settlement ultimately obtained for client on remand.
- Obtained $300,000 payment to defendant in settling trademark/cybersquatting dispute in U.S. District Court.
- Successfully represented a customer suing a major bank for improper payment of forged checks; following two trials and one appeal, obtained a judgment for treble damages and attorney’s fees.
- Successfully moved for summary judgment as to liability on a real estate developer’s claim for breach of contract and negligence against a surveying/engineering firm. Subsequent trial resulted in judgment of more than $60,000.
- Obtained dismissal of complaint against real estate agent alleging breach of fiduciary duty and unfair and deceptive business practices.